Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Birthdays, A Mexican Feast, and Choosing Happy

Tomorrow 10/05 is Johns 30th birthday. The day after is Kierras second birthday. Hooray!!

We had yummy homemade Mexican food for dinner. I made Chicken Tortilla soup on Sunday. We had leftover soup for dinner. Along with Chicken Enchiladas. Both were tasty. The soup was spicy I used serrano peppers.

So a good tip that I'm going to start following is to cook the meat I need in batches throughout the week. The process of pulling meat to defrost in the fridge, and planning accordingly so it doesn't spoil within a day or two is just too wasteful and mind taxing. I cooked up a half package of drumsticks on Friday and used half of them for my soup Sunday, and the rest for enchiladas today. Cooked chicken keeps way longer in the fridge than raw it seems.

Halloween is coming up. Costume ideas...Cleopatra?? Flapper girl?? Something thrifty, and FUN!! Got Kylie's costume today a size 4 and she wears a 3T right now, hope it fits. Both girls are now sharing a room. Kylie has a 'big girl' bed, Twin bed. She is so used to and dependent on sleeping in the bed with us, it as definitely been a struggle.

I've adopted a new mantra this weekend. After a stupid, ugly tiff with John. 'I choose to be Happy' really it's that simple. Life doesn't always go the way I plan or expect or WANT it to go. Why waste energy getting mad at things that are out of my control?? I dunno why but it has been stuck in my head since Sunday. I have the power to be happy, that is in my control despite what Life throws at me. It's my choice to either sit and dwell on the bad moments, or I can choose to be happy and move on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment